With a wide diversity of skills and experience, RICOR ABOGADOS provides a complete legal service of exceptional quality, aiming to take the stress and strain out of any legal situation and lead you to the right solution. Our specialist team offers fantastic response time and pragmatic advice in a wide range of services, through our network of associate offices and correspondents, that covers mainly the following areas:
REAL ESTATE PROPERTY LAW
We are an independent professional law firm and we provide a fast yet still personal yet still cost-competitive service in residential conveyancing (whether buying or selling properties or re-mortgaging) and advising on all aspects of applicable property law. We DO offer a first class service at a highly competitive price, giving advice to clients in a concise and straightforward way, identifying clear courses of action whatever the technical or legal complexities of the subject. We offer services on sale and purchase of both residential and commercial real estate. In purchase transaction, our services include review of agreement of purchase and sale, searches on and off title, advising tax department of purchase, preparation of mortgage, signup and explanation, registration, and reporting. In sale transactions, our services include review of agreement of purchase and sale, responding to purchaser’s concerns, arranging discharge of mortgage, preparation of transfer documentation, registrations (if applicable), and reporting.
We also represent landlords and tenants in negotiating and preparing leases for office buildings, warehouses, industrial facilities, shopping centers and other commercial properties and private dwellings. We work to secure our clients’ best interests in the successful completion of every deal.
To that end, we offer among others the following services:
- Integral legal advice about the freehold and leasehold conveyancing process (buying, selling or renting your property):
- Draft, review and advice on a purchase/ sale or tenancy agreement
- Deducing and investigating title (searches, enquiries and planning, etc)
- Legal Reports. Drafting of contracts and completion
- Power of attorney
- Advice on mortgages
- Advice and management of taxes and duties resulting from the transmission of Property
- Registration of Deeds at the Property&Land Registry
- Tax return or Fiscal representation for the management of annual taxes. “Modelo 720”
- Advice on remedies concerning building defects, failure to complete and others
- N.I.E numbers and Resident permits
- Foreign Exchange: International payments to Spain
- Investment property advice
WILLS AND ESTATES: INTERNATIONAL SUCCESSION
With the increasing longevity of the European population, ageing and quality of life are becoming increasingly fundamental to people’s thinking. We consequently advise individuals, entrepreneurs, small and mid-size business owners to support their long-term personal and business objectives by developing strategies to preserve their estates and ensure an efficient transition of their wealth to their beneficiaries.
Likewise, whilst Spanish law dictates, to a large extent, what happens to a person’s assets when they die, it is still useful for there to be a Spanish Will which compliments any provisions you may have made in your home country. This simplifies the administration of the deceased’s Spanish estate and therefore reduces costs in the long run.
Therefore, we are capable of giving accurate and relevant advice to all our clients as we are experts in areas relevant to older and vulnerable adults as well as traditional areas of law such as:
- Inheritance disputes and all kind of contentious probate cases
- Spanish Wills and divisions of Inheritances
- Specialized in complex Inheritances procedures regarding EU and also NON EU citizens, who might be the owners of properties or assets located in Spain at the moment of demise.
- Certificates of Spanish and English Law
- Tax and Estate Planning
- Powers of attorney
BUSINESS LEGAL SERVICES: CORPORATE, COMMERCIAL AND INTERNATIONAL LAW
Our current client base is spread throughout mainland Europe with our clients involved in a range of business activities including, import/exports from/to Spain. Our service to these clients includes the drawing up of the contract to legal assistance in the event of any subsequent dispute. Being multi-lingual and having a deep understanding of local laws, we are able to effectively advise our clients throughout the duration of any commercial transaction. We offer commercial legal advice to businesses determined to succed in today’s competitive environment. We bring a convergence of legal and business visions to bear, in order to ensure that you cover your legal obligations while meeting your business goals, wherever you do business in Spain. Our expertise includes, but is not limited to:
- Incorporating limited liability companies
- Setting up of companies in Spain and business development
- Cross border commercial litigation and dispute resolution. Arbitration and Mediation services in trading and partnership disputes, etc
- Investment opportunities for foreign companies in Spain
- Drafting of complex import and export as well as Lease contracts and commercial agreements
- franchising agreements
- Sale and purchase of Business
- Wind-up and dissolution of a business
CIVIL & CRIMINAL LITIGATION AND HUMAN RIGHTS LAW
The role of the negotiating solicitor is to explore settlements which could never be achieved in a Court, to provide ideas for alternatively resolving the dispute which could not be enforced by any Court and to think laterally to promote investigation by the parties of other forms of settlement which they themselves have not contemplated. Subsequently, in accordance with our commitment to resolving disputes before a trial, it is always our policy to enter into correspondence with the other party to give them a chance to negotiate a compromise to the dispute. If successful, such a compromise will save the parties time and money and will save the court the inconvenience of formally resolving the dispute. This is obviously a cost-cutting measure aimed to settle the dispute without recourse to litigation. Therefore, when negotiating, we have a proven track of success in reaching rewarding and fair “out of court settlements ” for our clients. We know that not every dispute does, or should, go to trial. But if it does, you have to have confidence that you can win. We provide that confidence.
- Compensations by accident, personal injuries. Accident claim expert
- Serious cases of Medical Negligence and general tort claims
- Claims in Court by contract breach, illegal apropiations and damages
- Frauds, swindles, punishables insolvencies, fraudulent bankruptcies and receivings by criminal Builders or Developers
- Property disputes and contractual problems
- Debt recovery, company searches, financial reports on debtors, and execution of decisions against debtor’s assets
- Representation of bankrupt companies
- Commercial litigation
- To submit formal complaints and appeals against Private or Public Corporations or Governments at the European Court of Justice or the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg as a result of serious violations of human rights in Spain
- Tort Law and lawsuits under administrative law
- Construction and delivery defects of real estate in breach of buildings specifications
- Enforcement of international court orders or judgments in Spain
- NEW! Civil lawsuits against Spanish banks and Developers in order to successfully claim the deposits lost by investors who bought off-the-plan properties in Spain that were never built. (100% rate of success so far).
Family is the most fundamental institution in a social system. A healthy and successful family unit is a key to strong social fabric and helps a society develop itself on different levels. However, unwanted it may be, things always do not go the way they are planned to be. To avoid any undesired consequences in family disputes, we offer legal solutions to our clients in difficult times.
We distinguish ourselves as a law firm for offering legal services on personal law matters involving multijurisdictional legal issues. Following are some of the areas where we offer services in family matters:
- Separation, divorce and the division of matrimonial property
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Child Visitation Rights
- Property Division
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW AND E-COMMERCE
We are committed to protecting you to exploit your intellectual property rights. We are experienced in supporting the intellectual property rights of a wide range of businesses – from small start-ups to multinational companies. We can ensure your intellectual property rights receive protection from the outset. We also handle unfair competition, trade secret and deceptive trade practices litigation for our clients.
Moreover, we recognize that the issues and risks of the new electronic ways of doing online business affect all types of businesses and cross all legal disciplines. Subsequently, we assist clients with issues relating to electronic transactions, website use agreements, cross-border data transfers, domain name issues,copyright, patent, and intellectual property issues, and cross-border e-commerce issues.
- Trade mark registry OHIM in Alicante
- Copyright Law, Patents, Domain names and IT
- Mediation and litigation Department
- E-Commerce and Online Business
INSURANCE LAW. SPORT LAW AND OTHER SERVICES
We provide individuals and corporations with assistance in virtually all areas relating to insurance, both to individuals and businesses alike. Likewise, we also provide our clients representation in a variety of insurance litigation situations, including insurance defense, representation of primary and excess liability insurers, reinsurance, as well as extra contractual liability.
We also share the passion of our clients for sport and we offer qualified legal advice to those involved in sport management, including sporting bodies, federations, sponsors, etc
- Investment, Home, life and civil liability Insurance
- Private, Company and business insurance
- Legal contracts of image&property right and Sponsorship contracts
- Merchandising and licencing
- Sport insurance for clubs, federations, etc
- Litigation and Mediation services
Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to giving you a personalized service and the benefit of our “Know How”.
Mr. Oscar Ricor Morales